Neuromarketing in practice
How digital applications can emotionalize despite lack of sensory contact.
Digitalization has already changed the world a lot. Many things have become more efficient and more convenient today – to name just two advantages. But digitization also has a downside. In its most common implementations, it appeals to only one sense. This literally leaves customers cold. Today’s digital worlds hardly trigger any emotions – there is no real relationship building with a brand or a product. To prevent this, digital platforms must be emotionalized, for example, through the use of synaesthesia and sensory bridges. Ideally, they will even merge with the analogue world. Therefore, either aim to digitize your analogue world or analogize your digital world.
Case 1: UBS SmartWealth
To emotionalize the onboarding of a private banking customer and reduce its entry thresholds by using neuropsychological principles.
2. INSIGHTS EMOCOMPASS®-STUDY
• The emotional gap between typical financial institutions and the implicit desire for perfect wealth management is remarkable
• Trust does not matter emotionally (it is understood to be a hygiene factor)
• Individualization and “My Life” are two important emotional aspects
EmoMap©: It is not about the top, bottom, left or right – the distances between the individual research objects to the desire (GOLD STANDARD) are decisive. The further the distance between two pins, the more different the sensation.
3. SUCCESSFULLY EMOTIONALIZED APP UBS SMARTWEALTH
Case 2: Weather Graubünden
The weather in Graubünden can be different from valley to valley. The key factor sun is crucial for day trippers. Get real-time weather forecasts so emotional that they draw people to the mountain and make mountaineers happier.
2. INCLUDED NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL PRINCIPLES
• Play out sensory bridges: bottom grey top blue
• Let the customer play: playfully arrange the contents in a carousel
• Extending the online time increases the probability of travel to the destination
3. SUCCESSFULLY EMOTIONALIZED WEATHER GRAUBÜNDEN
Interaction and design concept by ZUTT & PARTNER
Emotionalize your digital world too
Sign up for a free workshop now
As part of a free workshop*, we jointly define which gold standards are to be explored for your brand. Experience the EmoCompass® with a demo survey tailored to you and configure your EmoCompass® project so that you can achieve your marketing goals scientifically with the inclusion of neuropsychological principles.