Neuromarketing in practice
How a brand meets the implicit customer’s desire with branded images and texts.
Images and texts are the most widely used levels of communication by brands. In order for them to really make an impact on the brain, however, they have to meet the customer’s wishes and desires on an emotional level. It does not matter so much whether a motive is liked or not. Rather, it is about hitting the right emotions. After all, if you choose images and texts incorrectly and encode them, you miss the desired communication effect. This faux pas can be avoided with the help of neuromarketing and the scientifically based EmoCompass®.
1. Coca-Cola (Coke up your BBQ) >
2. Twinings >
3. Emotionalize your communication toon >
Case 1: Coca-Cola (Coke up your BBQ)
To bring Coca-Cola’s barbecue promotion closer to the emotionally perfect grilling feeling (Gold Standard) – and to equalize it with the branded emotions of Tsch Tsch (Coop) and Coca-Cola itself.
2. INSIGHTS EMOCOMPASS® STUDY
• The perfect barbecue moment is inspiring and at the same time down-to-earth
• The promotional logo displayed so far pulls emotionally in a different direction
• It will benefit from implying more Coca-Cola feeling
• And to communicate the message in a more lively / more refreshing way / clearer
EmoMap©: Es geht nicht um oben, unten, links oder rechts – massgebend sind die Abstände zwischen den einzelnen Research Objects zum Wunsch (GOLD STANDARD). Je weiter die Entfernung zwischen zwei Pins, desto unterschiedlicher die Empfindung.
3. SUCCESSFULLY EMOTIONALIZED COKE PROMOTION
Further development of the promotional logo by ZUTT & PARTNER as well as strategic design approaches for more emotional vibrancy and refreshment in the campaign world
Case 2: Twinings
Roll out a new print campaign to get closer to the emotionally perfect tea feeling (Gold Standard) – while maintaining the basic campaign concept and the existing brand profile of Twinings.
2. INSIGHTS EMOCOMPASS®-STUDY
• The world of tea is supposed to be mystical, but not mysterious
• Sacred hours instead of a Harry Potter feeling
• Warmth matters
EmoMap©: It is not about the top, bottom, left or right – the distances between the individual research objects to the desire (GOLD STANDARD) are decisive. The further the distance between two pins, the more different the sensation.
3. SUCCESSFULLY EMOTIONALIZED TWININGS CAMPAIGN
Further development based on the briefing input from ZUTT & PARTNER to the agency
Emotionalize your communication too
Sign up for a free workshop now
As part of a free workshop*, we jointly define which gold standards are to be explored for your brand. Experience the EmoCompass® with a demo survey tailored to you and configure your EmoCompass® project so that you can achieve your marketing goals scientifically with the inclusion of neuropsychological principles.